Translate

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas - Sometimes It Just Takes Your Breath Away

Lisa's red and navy parlor all bright with Christmas spirit



Dining room buffet resplendent with peacock arrangement of frosted and flocked zinnias and cabbages

remember what I told you a couple of days ago? - everything looks better flocked!



Victorian Christmas at its best


an aged mirror frame holds a magical centerpiece on the dining room table


feel the magic - it's Christmas!

crystal embellished fire screen dances with the fire in the background

red velvet, leopard, and a crown - need I say more!!!!

One of our latest little creations- glad it went to a good home.

the angel room - perfect place for relaxation and reflection

desk in the angel room- ready for Christmas letters to Santa!  What will he bring Lisa in the next year???
Only good things
for 2013.



So glad she has a feminine space just for herself in a house full of boys!


 
Last week, we started on our task of decorating client's homes for the the season.  Candy and Penny spent last Friday at the home of one of my favorite customers and created a magical Christmas setting.  Today I went over to survey the results and what I saw completely "took my breathe away". Awesome job Candy and Penny!!!! .  Cold chill bumps and tears were brought to my eyes.  First  of all, the client is one of my most  favorite people in the world- I really do love her and want her life to be perfect and happy - she's a really good person.  Her home is right out of a movie set - fires burning, candles lit, and magic just happens.  If  I had to use one word to describe her home it would be "passionate"- full of exuberance, always taking care of and  remembering family, and a decidely feminine touch. Yes , she's my kind of girl! When we started working with her about 4 years ago, I don't think she had completely found her style.  But now I know she has found it - warm, sparkley, antique, full, full, full, eclectic, romantic panache- so so so her! Yes, Lisa, your home took my breath away.  Good going girl!

8 comments:

Mariterese said...

You are so right Susan..."Christmas - Sometimes It Just takes Your Breath Away" Lisa's home looks AMAZING!!!
Breathtakingly Beautiful!!!
So fun and full of personality! I love it all!
What lovely memories her lucky boys will have of the holidays
Mariterese

designchic said...

What a gorgeous home and the Christmas decorations just accentuate all of the beauty. Love the mantles and the believe pillow...perfect!

Katha said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Now I see why you were overcome with emotion when you returned to the store yesterday! Lisa's home is breathtaking! What a wonder to see the time and love the two of you put into its completion come to fruition.
The beautiful Christmas decorating done by Candy and Penny is truly magical. A special home for the holidays!

penny said...

It was a joy to work in this home. Im glad thr pictures do it justice! Penny

Laurell Banner said...

Well I am inspired. What a beautiful Christmas home for a beautiful girl. So gla you got that picture of the stunning arrangement you made for Lisa. Just fabulous once again.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! That blue room decorated with Christmas is spectacular! I am gasping! I recently found your blog and am so excited to have found you. Your decorating is a joy to see. It really touches me with its beauty.

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Susan!
This is just gorgeous!
I love all the layers and details.... as usual.
Your magical touches in every nook and cranny make every space you touch sensational!

LOVE this home.
Great job to all of you!

Happiest holiday wishes to you and yours,
Alison

Splenderosa said...

Gorgeousness X10 !
I love what you guys did.

xx's